Recently added to our growing database is a collection of research articles by the late Reverend Brian Torode, a long time and highly regarded member of CLHS, who was minister of St Stephen’s Church, Tivoli for many years.
Items included in the archive are:
- The Story of Tivoli, history of trading and memories of the parish, St Stephen’s Church history and gallery of images
- Other Cheltenham local history: Masters of Ceremonies, Suffolk Lawn, Naunton area, the Cemetery and its occupants, Ladies’ College, Eye Infirmary
- Architects and sculptors: John Middleton and gallery of images, Boulton & Sons, the Brown family & the Caryatides, William Hill Knight, Ellery Anderson
- The Hebrew Community of Cheltenham, Gloucester & Stroud
- Catholic history: St Gregory’s, Anti-Catholicism, Nazareth House, the Ursulines