Cheltenham Local History Society (CLHS) is subject to data protection regulations under UK law, which control the use of personal data.
CLHS will –
• Comply with the data protection laws of the UK.
• Only collect personal data (name, address and email address) for the purpose of the administration of CLHS and its activities.
• Only contact an individual by email if they have given their express permission for us to do so. An individual can withdraw that permission at any time by contacting CLHS.
• Look after the data and notify members immediately if there has been a data breach.
• Allow an individual to see the data held about them, and, if necessary, amend or delete all or part of the data.
• Review data regularly, and when no longer needed for the administration of CLHS, delete and destroy it carefully so that it cannot be accessed in future.
• Not pass the data to a third party without an individual’s explicit consent to do so.
• Protect sensitive financial information. This includes speakers’ and members’ bank account details, which will be adequately protected at all times and only shared with relevant members of the committee if the purpose of sharing can be justified.
This policy was agreed at a CLHS Committee meeting, 31 October 2023
Review date: August 2025